Community Meals is a ministry that provides a free nutritious meal several days a week to anyone in our community who is in need. Central members and friends from other churches welcome our guests, prepare and serve food, and clean up
Meals are served on:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays in Central's Activities Center (6 W. Dickson St)
- Saturdays in the Fellowship Hall at Genesis Church campus (205 MLK Blvd)
Actions & Truth
Actions & Truth is an outreach ministry which is focused on meeting the spiritual and physical needs of those who are coming to Community Meals with the purpose of introducing them to Jesus Christ and welcoming them into the life of the church. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Building relationships by listening and praying with people
- Building dignity and self-respect by offering free haircuts
- Coordinating with local organizations to ensure that needs are met
- Collecting and distributing clothing to those in need
- Cultivating witnessing opportunities by coordinating special events: Christmas party, Easter service, Mother’s & Father’s day gifts, etc.
- Leading a Bible study every Thursday before lunch
For more information about participating in this ministry, please contact Glenn Miller at or 479-799-7797.
Beyond Our Walls
Beyond Our walls is an opportunity for Central members to reach out to our local community through radical servanthood. One Saturday each spring and fall, join us at
Good S.A.M. or “Good Samaritan Assistance Ministries” sponsors various opportunities for our church to reach out to others who are in difficult situations. In addition to providing financial help for Central members who need emergency relief. Good S.A.M. also coordinates the following outreach efforts:
- Community Kid’s Closet – conducting clothing drives each spring and fall to provide new clothes and shoes for less fortunate children in our community.
- Christmas Families – working through referrals by the Fayetteville Public Schools to provide Christmas for needy and deserving families – everything from food and toiletries to toys and clothes.
- Good S.A.M. Pantry – A weekly food drive to benefit the Cooperative Emergency Outreach.
For more information about how you can participate in Good S.A.M. through donations and/or service, please contact the Good S.A.M. team captain, John Sturgis at or 479-521-6765.
Genesis Church Outreach
We offer more community outreach at our Genesis Church campus at 205 MLK Blvd. For more info about community outreach efforts at Genesis Church, click here or contact Glenn Miller at or 479-799-7797.
Adults are invited to become a ‘buddy’ with a student at Asbell Elementary School in Fayetteville, where they go to eat lunch with a student at the school, specially assigned to them by the school counselor, every week or every other week during the school year. This time helps the volunteer and adult form a friendship that speaks love and acceptance into the life of the student. Volunteers must attend Central, or by friends with folks from Central. Training and a background check are required. For more information, contact Melanie Faught at .
Children from Washington Elementary come to Genesis church each Monday and Wednesday afternoons during the school year for tutoring, fun and a Bible lesson. Volunteers are needed to be with these children, teach them and form a friendship with them. For more information, contact Nicole Guenther at .
Pathway to Freedom
PTF is a ministry through the Arkansas state prison system. Several times each year, on Fridays, men from various churches travel to Central Arkansas to the Wrightsville Unit, to spend an afternoon of worship and small groups with inmates. This is a powerful opportunity to bless those in prison, and it’s an equal blessing to those who go and volunteer. A background check is required to participate. Contact Greg Gibson ( ) for more information.
M & N Augustine Trent Trumbo Easter Feed
Each year, on the Saturday before Easter, Central hosts a huge meal for the community, organized by the Augustine Foundation in Fayetteville. Volunteers are needed to help cook, serve and visit with our guests. Contact Glenn Miller ( ) to find out more.