Director of Contemporary Worship
This full-time position provides leadership to Central’s contemporary-styled worship services by assisting in designing the weekly worship services, leading music preparation and presentation, and coordinating media, etc. in order to create an atmosphere where the congregation is given the opportunity to individually and corporately offer themselves in worship to God. In addition to the expectation of active participation in the life of Central, it is the expectation of continued musical and worship leadership development through lessons and continuing education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set and communicate the overall vision for Contemporary Worship.
- Participate in weekly worship planning meetings and work with the pastors and contemporary worship team to coordinate elements of the worship service, whenever possible, with sermon messages and established themes.
- Attend weekly CUMC Leadership Team meetings.
- Recruit, audition and equip worship team vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Responsible to implement themes in a creative way in an effort to foster a sense of continuity of message and focus in each Sunday worship service.
- Ensure worship team has music resources needed for leading worship and are scheduled and communicated with appropriately for weekly worship services.
- Prepare and administer the Contemporary Worship Budget.
- Oversee or help fill all worship venues that involve contemporary worship, including weekly Sunday morning worship, Kids Life worship, and the Contemporary Christmas Eve Services.
- Work with CSM worship leader to equip and empower student worship leadership.
- Work with Technical Director to help recruit Production Team members and coordinate lighting, sound, video, and stage set-up.
- Planning and executing Nights of Worship and other creative events outside of Sunday Mornings.
Annual compensation is between $50,000-$60,000 based on experience and qualifications. A full benefit package is also include. Interested persons may submit a letter of application and a resume to Central’s Executive Director, Brian Swain at or by mail: Brian Swain, PO Box 1106, Fayetteville, AR 72702. Providing information on a link for audio or video work samples is also helpful.