Director of Contemporary Worship
This full-time position provides leadership to Central’s contemporary-styled worship services by assisting in designing the weekly worship services, leading music preparation and presentation, and coordinating media, etc. in order to create an atmosphere where the congregation is given the opportunity to individually and corporately offer themselves in worship to God. In addition to the expectation of active participation in the life of Central, it is the expectation of continued musical and worships leadership development through lessons and continuing education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set and communicate the overall vision for Contemporary Worship.
- Participate in weekly worship planning meetings and work with the pastors and contemporary worship team to coordinate elements of the worship service, whenever possible, with sermon messages and established themes.
- Attend weekly CUMC Leadership Team meetings.
- Recruit, audition and equip worship team vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Responsible to implement themes in a creative way in an effort to foster a sense of continuity of message and focus in each Sunday worship service.
- Ensure the worship team has music resources needed for leading worship and is scheduled and communicated appropriately for weekly worship services.
- Prepare and administer the Contemporary Worship Budget.
- Oversee or help fill all worship venues that involve contemporary worship, including weekly Sunday morning worship, Kids Life worship, and the Contemporary Christmas Eve Services.
- Work with CSM worship leaders to equip and empower student worship leadership.
- Work with Technical Director to help recruit Production Team members and coordinate lighting, sound, video, and stage set-up.
- Planning and executing Nights of Worship and other creative events outside of Sunday Mornings.
Annual compensation is between $50,000-$60,000 based on experience and qualifications. A full benefits package is also included. Interested persons may submit a letter of application and a resume to Central’s Executive Director, Brian Swain at or by mail: Brian Swain, PO Box 1106, Fayetteville, AR 72702. Providing information on a link for audio or video work samples is also helpful.
Communications & Development Intern
U of A Wesley, a United Methodist college ministry at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, AR, is seeking a full-time Communications & Development Intern for the 2020-2021 academic year. Responsibilities will include helping plan and execute fundraising and alumni & friends events, social media, ministry newsletter, photography, communications with students and stakeholders, speaking at area churches, outreach events at the university and with area youth groups, and significant administrative duties. The intern may also assist with student ministry. Bachelor’s degree required. College ministry experience preferred. This position is a 9.5 month contract from August 1st, 2020 - May 15th, 2021 with compensation of $24,872. Insurance provided if needed. Applicants may email a cover letter, resume, and references to Rachel Boatz, Wesley Administrator, at . For full consideration apply by March 15, 2020.
U of A Wesley, a United Methodist college ministry at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, AR, is seeking a full-time Associate Director starting summer 2020. The Associate Director will support the ministry broadly in the areas of outreach, discipleship, service, and leadership development, with primary responsibilities in one or more of the following areas: worship leadership, AV Team, summer outreach, freshmen community ministry, small group ministry, and graduate student ministry. A bachelor’s degree is required. Previous participation in a college ministry and active involvement in the United Methodist Church is preferred. Candidates for a worship leadership role will be required to audition or submit further materials. Compensation commensurate with experience. Applicants may email a cover letter, resume, and references to Rachel Boatz, Wesley Administrator, at . For full consideration, apply by March 15, 2020. For more information about this position, visithttp://uawesley.com/jobs/.